March 18, 2010

WORD: Highest and Best Offer


And the WORD for Today Is...

“Highest and Best” Offer – is a term generally associated with the purchase of bank owned property. When more than one offer has been submitted to the guarantor/seller, the buyer’s agent may be asked to submit the buyer’s “highest and best” offer. They may choose to increase the offer in the hopes of being selected from multiple offers held by the lender, withdraw their offer altogether or hold steady at the amount and with terms previously submitted. Highest and best offers should always be written and the notification from the listing agent should clearly indicate the time frame for response.

Copyright © 2009, Home Ownership Matters, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(Please E-mail Heather at homeownershipmatters@gmail.com with any questions, comments or concerns you might have! We appreciate all comments and feedback, so please don't be shy.)

1 comment:

  1. my husband and I put in a highest and best offer on a bank owned property. We are both aware that our higher offer w/ financing risked losing to a lower cash offer, (even though it was supposed to be no investors/Fannie Mae). What is not sitting right with me is that a relative who knows this realtor representing the property told me that a cash offer came through her husband who is also a realtor (are you following me still). What if my highest and best offer was never put through because they wanted "their" aquaintance "cash offer" to get the house?? Can I prove this happened?? I know it won't get the house back, but I feel something very wrong has happened and someone should know about it!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete